Don't Be Afraid to Hydrate Your Skin
Best Skin Moisturizers Stonington CT and Westerly RI
Most skin types need moisturizing -- though the degree and type of moisturizing varies tremendously depending on your skin type, age, travel patterns, and climate.
- Mature skin gets drier--we lose the fats and lipids in our skin cell walls--making our skin cells less stable and cohesive--more prone to drying out with drier and colder weather, harsh cleansers or skin products, medications, and other factors.
- Oily skin may need very little moisturizing. A small amount of an oil free moisturizer may keep a good balance--avoiding looking shiny.
The most effective moisturizer and barrier repair creams for very dry skin should contain the combination of ceramides, cholesterols, and fatty acids (palmitate and linoleate) in the specific ratio of 3:1:1.
Moisturizers offered at Dr Duke's office - Stonington, CT
- ELTA MD AM Therapy : oil- free, fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, and safe for sensitive skin. AM Therapy provides all day moisturize in a lightweight base, while smooths skin texture and evens out skin color and tone. It moisturizes without oily or heavy emollients. This moisturizer contains willow bark extract that gently stimulates cell turnover for smoother skin without causing irritation. Niacinamide (vitamin B3) enhances skin color and tone. Hyaluronic acid helps increase moisture.
- ELTA MD PM Therapy : oil-free, fragrance-free, noncomedogenic, and safe for sensitive skin . PM therapy moisturizes without heavy emollient to restore skin while at rest. Contains ceramide sthat help strengthen the skin's natural moisture barrier. Niacinamide and antioxidants help improve skin color and tone and speed the metabolism to maximize the nightly skin repair process. Rice protein peptides penetrate to stimulate cell growth and collagen formation, resulting in more skin elasticity and vitality .
- Replenix Anti-Oxidant SPF50 Sunscreen & Moisturizer: Micronized 6% zinc oxide provides a high level of a broad spectrum sunscreen. The moisturizer base contains: glycerin (a humectant that pulls water into skin cells from the environment), capric triglycerides (an emollient), and cucumber. Multiple anti-oxidants calm and restore the skin: silymarin, bisabolol, ectoin, vitamin E, Green Tea Polyphenols, and caffeine. This product is fast absorbing, oil and paraben-free, sensitive skin friendly, has no white streaking, and is an excellent makeup primer. This Replenix Sunscreen can act as your daily moisturizer/sunscreen combination--your make up base - or your main high grade sunscreen.
- Intensive Hand Moisturizer: thick emollients blended with dimethicone which acts as a "sealant" to protect cracked inflamed dry hands
- Post Peel Recovery Cream:soothing super hydrator for very dry or irritated skin, or following a skin treatment such as laser resurfacing or a chemical peel. Rich and protective. Contains anti-irritant ingredients: licorice root, symcalmin, marine algae, willowherb, aloe vera, vitamin C. Highly effective skin cell hydrators: squalene, hyaluronic acid, shea butter, dimethicone.
- EltaMD Moistur-Rich Body Creme: luxuriously rich and creamy body moisturizer for dry, sensitive, flaky skin. This therapeutic moisturizer contains ceramides to replenish moisture and increase the thickness of the upper skin layers, hyaluronic acid, plant-based lipids, mango and seed butter all to super hydrate the skin cells, and niacinamide to gently encourage cell turnover.
- Enzyme Gel: enzyme enhanced gel based moisturizer which is healing and soothing. Contains hyaluronic acid for that added hydration in a non-sticky formulation. Great for oily skin that does not need a heavy product, and effective for soothing and healing after in-office procedures such as microdermabrasion, chemical peels, or other skin rejuvenation treatments.
- Replenix Soothing Mist: a novel mist to spray on skin and hair that hydrates, conditions, and soothes. Gives skin and hair a healthy, refreshed look. Key active ingredients include: witch hazel to remove excess oils and refine pores, green tea and antioxidants to calm the skin, plant extracts (lavender, chamomile, comfrey, and humectants to hydrate.