How to Treat Acne-Prone Skin
Acne-Prone Skin Products Stonington & Norwich CT, Westerly RI
Acne Treatments: Dr Duke's acne products contains varying concentrations of salicylic acid and selected botanicals that will calm your skin and reduce breakouts. These products are designed to be incorporated into your at-home regimen, and can be used along with the OmniLux Blue Light Therapy treatments.
These products can be used along with prescription acne medications such as Retin-A creams, benzoyl peroxide formulations, topical antibiotics and anti-inflammatories, or oral medications. Often, salicylic acids improve the penetration of other products into the oil glands by removing the dead cells and oils. Key active ingredients have data from studies to document they grow new collagen in the skin--thus inducing smoother skin, less wrinkles, more even skin tone.
Anti-acne Skin Care offered at Dr Duke's office - Stonington, CT
Revision Black Mask: -pulls out debris and excess oils from pores, reduces enlarged pores, decreases blemish formation, smooths skin texture Contains:
- Freshwater Silt. Derived from a freshwater lake in Latvia. Helps to deeply cleanse the skin.
- Salicylic Acid. Deeply cleans pores. Time-released microspheres provide mild exfoliation.
- Melaleuca Alternoifolia (Tea Tree) Oil. Natural oil has soothing properties.
- Larch Arabinogalactin. Comes from the wood of the larch tree to mildly exfoliate the skin.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice. Helps to soften and moisturize the skin.
- Sage Extract. Provides powerful antioxidant benefits.
- Cucumber Extract, Oak Kernel & Bisabolol. Provides skin soothing benefits.
Benzoyl Peroxide Liquid Cleansers: 5% and 10%
These face and body cleansers reduce oils, remove clogging bacteria from the oil glands that can promote acne, and give the skin a fresh matte look.
DCL Dermatologic Cosmetic Laboratories Spot Therapy targets, helps heal and prevents stubborn breakouts to promote a clear and even complexion. Salicylic acid clears out clogged pores to reduce acne at the source. A toning and naturally astringent blend of lavender, ginger and witch hazel extracts balances oil production and help prevent new flare-ups. Licorice root and yucca extracts soothe inflammation and diminish discoloration
AM Clearing Hydrator: light hydrator that also contains 1% salicylic acid to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores
PM Nighttime Treatment: more of an evening hydrator that contains a 2% salicylic acid to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores