Patients Write About their Experiences at Coastal Dermatology
Daniella Duke MD-Patient Reviews, Stonington & Mystic, CT
To help you learn more about the treatments that may improve the look and feel of your skin, patients have written about their experiences in general at Coastal Dermatology and specifically about certain treatments which they did. These patient reviews are posted below so that you can learn more about Coastal Dermatology, Dr. Duke, the Coastal Dermatology staff, and the different treatments.
Dr. Duke has been noted as one of the "Top Doc" in Connecticut Magazine for the last consecutive 8 years.
Dr. Duke was voted #1 in the category of "Dermatologist" in the New London Day's "Best of Readers' Choice Awards" for 2015. The staff at Coastal Dermatology tries hard every day to help you with your skin issues, and thanks the readers for this acknowledgement.
Dr Duke-Coastal Dermatology-Stonington, CT: reviews
"I have always had a very positive experience at Dr Duke's office. She is friendly, focused on you, listens to your concerns and feedback, and is always very calm. I know many of her medical patients are sad and will miss her (as I will) as she is no longer able to do medical dermatology. But she and her staff are still doing all of their cosmetic procedures--so I will be returning to her for that, as I trust her to do my Botox and filler. Her nurses are great, have been there for years and years, and they do my facial peels and hair removal. I won a product give away once too! A very positive fun office, very little wait time, clean, professional, personal."--KL, 2017 (posted on Google)
"My experience with Dr Duke has been outstanding, over the past 10 years or more, so I am not sure why others are posting negative reviews. She is always thorough, and her dermatology and cosmetic care has always been careful, well explained, thought out, and very personal. She does mostly cosmetic procedures now--she is the only one in this part of Connecticut who is actually trained in cosmetic procedures. For medical dermatology issues, there is a long wait time---which only shows she is good and popular--not a bad thing! Just not a lot of openings. But her staff makes every effort to get you in. She is the only doctor in the office, so can only see so many patients. Her staff have been with her forever--which also shows that the office works well and has a nice atmosphere. I have been in the waiting room, and have to say, patients--not the staff--can be quite rude to staff. Cosmetic procedures in general are expensive--everywhere you go. I think her prices for these procedures are generally the same or less than what my friends pay elsewhere. So I do not think her office, or the doctor, is "money grubbing". She just makes sure you understand the costs before you get the procedure done--so she is really up front and honest. She does a great job, and I would recommend her for medical and cosmetic dermatology services. She is always getting in new procedures; I just did a chemical peel that came out great!"--PL, 2017 (posted on Google)
"I saw Dr Duke for a consultation for brown spots on my face and blotchy skin. Too much sun for me! She gave me some options, and I decided to do the laser. I asked if I could do it that day, and she accommodated that. The laser zapped the spots, a bit hot but not bad. Dr Duke had warned me the spots would turn darker for about 5 days, and they did. Then they peeled off. It worked great. At my follow up, I opted to do a few IPL treatment---lower level nurse level laser like treatment ---to help reduce the overall blotchiness: red and brown and dull looking. I just finished my second one. I thought it stung a bit more than the laser, but the nurses---I had Chris once and Jeannine the second time--were really great. The good thing with the IPL is there was no down time---so I did not have to take time off like I did with the laser. My skin looks much better now: less blotchy, and the brown spots are gone. I am very pleased with results, and will probably come back again for more treatments in the future. The office is very professional, friendly, and clearly very experienced with the procedures. I felt like I was in good hands! And I will now follow their advice and wear my sunscreen!"-PTen (posted on Google)
"....I love Dr Duke!!!...tremendous surgeon, nice person, and She's good!"--by AP, 2015.
I have been a patient of Dr. Duke's for well over 10 years. She and her office staff are professional and are always helpful and informative. They work synergistically to to develop a comprehensive and realistic plan of treatment for each individual patient. I have always felt that I am important and that my concerns are always met with care and understanding
" - SB- 2014
"Dr. Duke is a tremendous dermatologist. It is not always easy to find a doctor who possesses both technical brilliance and a great bedside manner, but she does and I feel lucky to be in her care." (posted on FaceBook) -NB- October 16, 2013
" I have been a patient of Dr. Duke's for many years and wanted to share my experience. Dr. Duke is a caring provider who listens to her patients. Thanks to her treatment recommendations, I feel that I do NOT look 52 years of age! The non-surgical procedures and fillers have softened my face so that I look well rested and healthy! Thank you, Dr. Duke for your time and caring attention." - DH - 2014
- "Dr. Duke has been my dermatologist for over 10 years. A great doctor. A great staff." - RH - 2014
- “I went to Dr. Duke for a second opinion regarding a recurring skin condition a few years ago. She helped me figure out the problem, and I ended up switching over to her as my regular dermatologist. Her office is great--easy to get to , friendly, modern. The staff is nice and welcoming....Click Here to Read Full Version ...."-- "Nice Office” by LMPP at Citysearch, Monday, April 16, 2012.
- " I have been a patient of Dr. Duke's since 1998. I have had several skin cancers, and Dr. Duke checks my skin and all my moles regularly. She is an excellent doctor, very nice and caring and patient, and she is very thorough with her exams during my office visits. Click Here to Read Full Version...."-- by Jim canoes at Citysearch, Tuesday, April 03, 2012.
- “Dr.Daniella Duke is the dermatologist for my entire family. From our first visit almost 10 years ago, I have had confidence in Dr. Duke's compassion and high standards of professionalism. Both Dr. Duke, and staff, have made me, my husband, and my 2 children are all comfortable knowing that we our getting excellent care when we need to see her. Click Here to Read Full Version...." -- by Garden Sue at Citysearch, Tuesday, April 03, 2012
Coastal Dermatology-Daniella Duke: CoolSculpting reviews
- "I have been a patient of Dr. Dukes for many, many years and would highly recommend the services and expertise her office provides. I recently had the Cool Sculpting done and it worked like a charm! The procedure itself was easy, I had no discomfort and no down time following it. The results were fast, quite amazing and worth every penny. In fact, this procedure is a healthier and much more cost effective approach than cosmetic surgery - by far! If you have any "trouble spots" that you want gone, I would highly recommend Cool Sculpting." -- KK - 2014
- One of the nurses at Coastal Dermatology wrote about her own CoolSculpting experience on the blog: My CoolSculpting Experience.
- “I have seen Dr. Duke for Coolsculpting 3 times this year, as sessions are spaced out 3 months apart. She was very congenial, helpful and supportive, even when I was embarrassed about my abdomen. After assessing the problem, she recommended 3 separate sessions for me in particular. It doesn't always take that long, depending on the extent of the problem. I am now fitting into clothes I haven't worn in years, and I am no longer embarrassed about my body. Click Here to Read Full Version...."--Editorial review from Citysearch by janem750402978 at Citysearch, Monday, August 26, 2013.
- "I am 48 and struggled with the way I looked. I had the muffin top for a while and after trying everything to get rid of it, I heard about Cool Sculpting. I made an appointment to sere if I was a candidate, the ladies at the office were very nice. Long story short I went ahead with the cool sculpting and lost an inch in my waist and 1/2" in my hips. I still have a little more in the mid section to work on but I couldn't be more happy with the results.
The price may seem a little high but the results and support from this office is well worth it."--MM on Google Review 2015
Coastal Dermatology-Daniella Duke: Botox & Dysport reviews
"I've been a patient of Dr. Duke's for over 10 years. I've always gotten good results with anything she has prescribed whether for adult acne, skin discoloration and skin cancer. She is a great Doctor! I recently had 'Dynasport' injected into my forehead and in between my eyebrows to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and those '11s'. I am very pleased with the results. My forehead is completely smooth and wrinkle free. I was a little nervous that my forehead would look unnatural and feel paralyzed. Neither happened! When I try to frown, it feels like I'm frowning...even though my forehead doesn't wrinkle...not paralyzed at all! I should have done this sooner!" - SM - 2014
Coastal Dermatology-Daniella Duke: Laser Hair Removal reviews
"I have been going to Dr. Duke's office for years and everyone there is always so friendly and professional. I received so much help from Dr. Duke when my skin broke out and was difficult to treat. I was put on antibiotics and given various topical creams. I have done microdermabrasion and blue light treatments. And my skin looks and feels great now! I also did laser hair removal on my underarms and legs. I needed a lot of treatments, but over the long term the treatments have made a huge difference. And the nurses were so nice because the laser really “zings” sometimes, but they always helped me through the procedures. I have had only good experiences at this office and will continue to recommend this office to my friends." -- JCB - 2015