Vanquish non surgical fat reduction RI &Mystic, CT
Dr Duke, at Coastal Dermatology in Stonington, CT, reviews Vanquish fat reduction---a new non-surgical medical treatment to reduce unwanted waistline,leg, and arm fat.
The science behind the Vanquish fat reduction treatment
The success of the Vanquish treatment is based on radiofrequency (RF) energy selectively heating up fat cells, which causes them to slowly die off---permanently. "Selectively" heating means that the way the device is designed, the other tissue and cells do not heat up to the same degree--so those cells are not damaged at all.
RF energy has been used in medicine for over 100 years--tuned and focused in different ways to selectively treat different cells and tissues. The Vanquish device is designed so that the RF energy causes positive and negative poles of the fat cells to vibrate and heat up--more so than the negative and positive poles all of the all cells and tissue in the body. The fat cells go through a slow cell death (called "apoptosis")--fragments of the dead cells cleared away with all of our body's other daily clearing of used or tired or injured cells. Learn more details of the science of RF fat reduction at the Coastal Dermatology Vanquish site.
How many Vanquish treatments do I need to see results
Some patients feel and see results after their first or second Vanquish treatments. Dr Duke recommends a series of 4-6 sessions per site. The treatments are approximately 45-60 minutes each, and spaced one week apart. Some patients chose to treat other sites after getting their results one area.
How well does the Vanquish fat reduction treatment work
The scientific data comes from several sources:
- animal studies documenting by ultrasound measurements, and fat layer pathology measurements--a decrease in the fat layer
- animal studies documenting histologically no damage to any other tissue cell type, except for fat cells. The image at the right demonstrates fat cell "apoptosis" following Vanquish treatments.
- animal studies documenting no elevated blood test levels of cholesterol, triglycerides, or other fats following a series of Vanquish treatment
- human studies documenting no elevated blood test levels of cholesterol, triglycerides, or other fats following a series of Vanquish treatment
- human studies documenting by ultrasound measurements, and fat layer pathology measurements--a decrease in the fat layer
- human studies documenting on average a 2 inch decrease in the fat layer of the treated areas after a series of Vanquish treatments. Some patients in the studies showed a 5 inch decrease in their fat layer following a series of Vanquish treatments.
- the images to the right demonstrate on animal study patients the decrease in the fat layer following Vanquish RF treatments.
Watch a video about the Vanquish fat reduction treatment
The Vanquish treatment is comfortable--it feels like a warm blanket. No needles, anesthesia, or pain. Sometimes, you may feel a "hot spot"--a focal area getting more warm. The device or the panel on the device is adjusted and the "hot spot" goes away. After the treatment, there is no pain or discomfort and you can return to your regular activities with no restrictions. Just drink a lot of water before and after your treatments to make sure the RF energy is best targeted at the fat cells.
Watch a video of a patient getting a Vanquish treatment:
Before and After photos -- Vanquish fat reduction treatment
A few Before Vanquish and After Vanquish treatments for you to review:
Dr Duke's office, Coastal Dermatology, is located in Mystic, CT (a section of Stonington, CT), accessible from Groton CT, Norwich CT, New London CT, and Westerly RI. Call our office at 860-245-0000 if you have any questions about your skin, or send us an email through our contact form below.