Microneedling, Coastal Dermatology, Mystic, CT
Reduce wrinkles and pores at Coastal Dermatology, Mystic, CT
As the microscopic channels caused by the microneedling procedure heal over 2-5 days, the process of collagen stimulation begins. Your body responds to the procedure by healing, which means growing new collagen. This process takes 1-2 months. New collagen growths improves the looks of wrinkles, lines, acne scars, pores, and other skin texture issues.
To further boost the collagen stimulation during the procedure, we can add platelet rich plasma (PRP) to the treatment site during the procedure. Studies have shown that adding PRP to microneedling can improve the final outcome. Click to learn more about PRP.
Smooth acne scars Mystic, CT dermatolgist
Acne scars can be varied in their depth, color, location, and type. For some acne scarring, medical microneedling can be very effective as it breaks up the bands that are pulling down on the skin causing some of the contraction and indentations. Also, the new collagen growth from the procedure smooths out the skin, making the acne scars less noticable. Nothings will 100% take away some acne scars, but medical microneedling is one of the deepest procedures, and can significantly improve the look of most acne scars.
What you need to know about microneedling, Mystic, CT
Microneedling at Coastal Dermatololgy is:
- An in-office procedure
- A series of treatments, usually four though can can more depending on the skin issue
- Treatments are spaced 4 weeks apart
- A topical anesthetic is required and applied by our staff one hour before the procedure
- The skin is midly red and swollen for 2 days, up to 5 days
- You need to avoid the sun, and not be tan, before and after the procedure
How to learn more about medical microneedling and see if it is for you:
- Call our office in Mystic, CT at 860-245-0000 to learn more about the procedure; ask to speak to a nurse
- Go to: https://www.coastaldermatology.com/cosmetic-treatment/fine-lines-wrinkles/microneedling