Microdermabrasion: dermatology office Mystic, CT
What is Microdermabrasion?
At Dr. Duke's office in Mystic, CT, we use a medical microdermabrasion device. The machine is a suction device, removing dead skin cells, oils, clogged pores, and debris from the skin using a combination of suction and diamond tipped wands.
There are several different "grades" of wands, each a different "coarseness" of the flat diamond tip. For sensitive or rosacea skin we would select a wand with a mild grade of diamonds: very gentle. For more thick skin, say with a lot of acne scarring, we would select a wand with a very coarse grade of diamonds. The more coarse the wand, the deeper the removal of skin cells.
Is microdermabrsion painful if done at a physician's office, Dr Duke in Stonington, CT
The devices used at a physician's office are stronger, and therefore more effective, than devices that can legally be used at spas.
- Our treatments are done by nurses who have done hundreds of these procedures.
- The treatment feels like a cat licking your skin with it's tongue; a bit rough, but not uncomfortable
- No anesthesia, no prep is necessary. The procedure can be done on tanned skin.
- The procedure can be done on all skin types
Watch a video of a microdermabrasion being done at Coastal Dermatology in Mysic, CT
What will my skin look like after a microdermabrsion?
- Mildy pink
- No break in the skin; no bleeding ever
- Minimal care afterwards; just gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen
- Can be done during the sunny weather months; sun exposure is not an issue with this procedure
Combining a microdermabrsion with a laser procedure
Depending on your skin issue, Dr Duke may recommend combining a microdermabrsion with either a:
- Laser Genesis: the microdermabrsion improves the look of the epidermis while the Laser Genesis decreases excess redness in the dermis, and encourages deeper collagen to grow which makes the skin even smoother
- Laser Revlite: the microdermabrsion improves the look of the epidermis while the Laser Revlite decreases excess pigmentation in the dermis, and encourages deeper collagen to grow which makes the skin even smoother
- Product Infusion: with microdermabrsion is done first, then a mask infused with copper pepties, retinol, hylauronic acid, and other collagen boosters is applied over the skin that was just microdermabraded. This gives an intense infusion of these collagen boosters straight to your new skin cells. Makes your skin look and feel great!
How can I prepare for and schedule a microdermabrasion at Dr. Duke's office in Mystic, CT?
- Call our office at 860-245-0000 to learn more about microdermabrsion and if it is right for you
- The consultation is with Dr Duke so a physician evaluates your skin to help you figure out what procedure (s) are best for your skin issue
- Go to our website at https://www.coastaldermatology.com/cosmetic-treatment/skin-rejuvenation/microdermabrasion to learn more about microdermabrsion and other procedures in the office