New and Natural Peels
Chemical Peels Stonington Groton Norwich CT
Is this your skin issue?
- Does your skin look dull or flat rather than vibrant, smooth, and healthy appearing?
- Would you like to smooth your skin tone, wrinkles, fine lines, and texture--and even out pores and discolorations?
- Do you want a skin treatment done in a doctor's office--not in a spa?
Before Chemical Peel After Chemical Peel
The Science: What are no downtime skin peels?
Chemical peels have been used for hundreds of years to create an even and controlled shedding of damaged skin cells. In fact, Cleopatra applied a "sour milk" glycolic acid mixture to her skin! Now, hundreds of thousands of chemical peels are performed in the United States each year. They can be used for treatments on your face, neck, chest, hands, arms and legs.
Visit our BLOG site to learn even more about the Replenix chemical peels. At the top of each website page, there is a link to the Coastal Dermatology BLOG.
A chemical peel uses a solution applied to the skin to remove dead skin cells and stimulate the production of new skin cells. The specific type of solution depends on your individual skin condition and goals. Chemical peels can achieve many different goals including the following:
- Smooth the texture of the skin-both wrinkles, acne scars, and other uneven texture issues
- Give the skin a healthy, vibrant glow.
- Soften fine lines.
- Even out and fade brown spots and areas.
- Treat acne and decrease pore size
The technology of chemical peels has advanced since the time when Cleopatra applied a sour milk mixture to her skin. Depending on Dr. Duke's evaluation of your skin, there are many products, chemicals, and botanicals that can be applied to your skin (in a layered process) - in order to maximize the results achieved from your chemical peel.
Replenix chemical peels ingredients:
- Salicylic Acid: breaks down dead skin cells, exfoliates, lightens discolorations
- Glycolic Acid: sugar cane/grapes-exfoliates, promotes new collagen growth
- Lactic Acid: sour mild - gentle glycolic acid, skin brightener, exfoliant, hydrator
- Mandelic Acid: bitter almonds - exfoliant, potentiates salicylic acid, reduces inflammation and redness
- Tartaric Acid: white grapes, apples, pears - exfoliator, potentiates all of the above, tones skin
- Resorcinol: removes rough, scaley skin so that better healing can occur
- Pyruvic Acid: grapes, honey, apples, vinegar - skin brightener, potentiator, medium strength chemical peeling agent, promotes collagen growth
- Azelaic Acid: wheat, barley, rye - skin brightener, moisturizer
- Retinol: increases cell turnover, reduces melanin/pigment accumulations
- Antioxidants: Green Tea, Reservetrol, Cucumber Extract, Bisabolol - soothes, calms, hydrates skin cells
The VI Peels key ingredients:
- Tricholoacetic acid (TCA)
- Retinoic Acide (Vitamin A)
- Salicylic acid
- L-Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
- benzoyl peroxide--in our peels formulated for acne
- kojic acid & hydroquinone--in our peel formulated for blotchy brown sun damage
Therefore, chemical peels can now be personalized to your unique skin conditions and concerns. As another example, if you have sensitive skin, there are now chemical peels that use mild botanicals and soothing emollients (along with the key ingredients) in order to more gently treat your skin.
The Solution: Chemicals Peels - Stonington CT
In general, a series of 4-8 no downtime chemical peels sessions, spaced 4 weeks apart, gives best results. The procedure takes approximately 30 minutes, and the skin is mildly red directly after the peel. Often, several layers or types of peels are used in one session.
Another advantage of the newer chemical peels is that they require very little downtime. After a chemical peel, you will leave the office with only mildly pink skin - the pinkness fades within a few hours.
Later, the skin may or may not peel - peeling is no longer a requirement for the chemical peel treatment to be effective. Usually skin peels starting day 3 and lightly "sheds" through day 7-10 depending on the depth of the peeling process.
We use a variety of peels from superficial to medium depth--depending on your skin type and condition and how much or little peeling you want. There are chemical peels for sensitive skin, darker skin types, acne prone skin, and older skin.
The VI Peels have a deeper effect on the skin tissue--can deal with deeper issues--and have more post procedure peeling than the Replenix peels. The VI Peels are not painful or uncomfortable--but you may get peeling of the skin for about one week--so they need to be scheduled accordingly.
Pre and Post photos for VI peel patient--peel formulated to reduce acne:
Visit our BLOG site to learn even more about chemical peels. At the top of each website page, there is a link to the Coastal Dermatology BLOG.
Click here to see more before and after photo using the new VI Peel.
Anti-aging Chemical Peel Treatment Combinations - Stonington CT
During each consecutive session, the strength, layers, or type of peel is changed to keep advancing your results. There are three different levels, or strengths, of Perfect Peels--to fit your skin type and skin issue.
Most patients also enhance and maintain their results by use physician strength skin care products at home. Specific product and ingredients will be recommended to you during your consultation or after your procedure.
Schedule a consultation with Daniella Duke, MD by calling 860-245-0000. She will personally evaluate your skin issues and describe the treatments that would be most helpful for you. Our office is located in Mystic, CT, a section of Stonington CT -- close to Groton CT, New London CT, Norwich CT, and Westerly RI.